GSD Student Exchange Program
GSD Bachelor students enjoy the possibility of doing a GSD Student Exchange Program at one of our prestige partner institutions:
Moscow State Institute of International Relations, often abbreviated as MGIMO, is an academic institution run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, which is widely considered the most elite university in Russia. It was dubbed the “Harvard of Russia” by Henry Kissinger, because it educates so many of Russia’s political, economic, and intellectual elite. Currently, it has the lowest acceptance rate and the highest test scores of any university in the country.
MGIMO is the oldest and the most renowned school in Russia for preparing students for careers in international relations and diplomacy. Many of the current professors were ambassadors or ministers.
The Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation is a diplomatic institution established in 1934 to teach and train the diplomatic and consular staff of Soviet foreign service and initially set up at the People’s Commissariat for Foreign Affairs of the USSR. The Diplomatic Academy is one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Russia. Individuals assigned to high ranking positions in foreign service such as ambassadors, counsellors, envoys, consuls general, and representatives at international organisations are trained at the academy. Well-known diplomats and political office holders are among academy alumni.
Georgetown University, Washington D.C., is one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world.
If you are interested in doing an exchange program at one of these institutions, please contact the Academic Office (via academic-office@
In order for you to be eligible for the exchange programs, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Minimum of 2 semesters completed at GSD
- Academic excellence (for GU: you must be in the top 10 of students, with a minimum GPA of 3.0)
- You must have demonstrated financial capacities (flight, accommodation, cost of living)
- All administrative and financial obligations with GSD are met
- No visa or immigration issue
- Excellent references, social skills and impeccable behaviour history to be a GSD ambassador
- (FOR GU: If not from an English speaking country, you must have a minimum of 600 grades in the TOEFL test)