GCSP Course on: ‘Future of Outer Space Security’
Led by Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan (www.sustainablehistory.com, @SustainHistory), this course will include interactive lectures and discussions with experts in space security and law, cyber-security in space, space debris and technological tools for mitigation, global navigation satellite systems, the International Space Station, and much more. This course addresses the latest debates and conflicts at the heart of the burgeoning and increasingly significant field of outer space security. It will develop participants’ understanding of how new technologies and practices will impact future conflicts and ethical questions.
You, as student of GSD, would make for a more intellectually stimulating and invigorating classroom environment. Their priority is to put together a diverse group of participants that can bring both new thinking and expertise to the table. Therefore, they have reserved some scholarships of 60% for students of the Geneva School of Diplomacy, reducing the price of the course to CHF 400.
There is an impressive line-up of speakers from prestigious institutions already confirmed, including:
- Professor Sergio Marchisio, Full Professor of International Law and Space Law, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Mr François Rivasseau, Special Envoy for Space, European External Action Services, Brussels, Belgium
- Dr Natália Archinard, Deputy Head of Education, Science and Space Section at Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Mr Gérard Brachet, Space Policy Consultant, Paris, France
- Professor Bernhard Hofmann-Wellenhof, Professor for Navigation and Satellite Geodesy, Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Mr Christopher Johnson, Space Law Advisor, Secure World Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
Please visit the course webpage for the full list of speakers.