2012 – 2015 Sciences Po, Centre de recherches internationales, Paris Ph.D. in Political Science, mention International Relations
– Research interests: civil-military relations, military sociology, arms control, military strategy and geography, East Asian security, maritime disputes, neoclassical realism. – Thesis title: Explaining Unilateralism in Foreign Security Policy: The Case of Japan’s Withdrawal from the Washington System, 1922-1936.
2009 – 2011 Waseda University, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Tokyo M.A. in International Relations
– Specialization in International Security and Conflict Studies. – Thesis title: Understanding Preventive Wars: Lessons from Pearl Harbor.
2004 – 2008 Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva Licence/Master in International Relations
– Multidisciplinary program including International Law, Economics, History, and Political Science. – Specialization in Political Science and Contemporary History.
October 2013/March – April 2015 “Aide à la mobilité,” École doctorale, Sciences Po Paris.
April 2009 – March 2011 “Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students,” Japan Student Services Organization.
September 2015 First Class Honors (Ph.D. thesis), Sciences Po Paris.
June 2012 Quarter Award, Column Contest 2012, Global Voices from Japan.
March 2011 Certificate of Merit (academic record), Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Waseda University.
March 2010/March 2011 Dean’s List Nomination, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Waseda University.
August 2016 – present Webster University, Geneva Lecturer
– Research Methods and Perspectives (graduate level).
December 2015 – present Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Geneva Doctoral Fellow
– Research on International Security and security dynamics in Asia.
– Teaching in the different courses provided by the Centre.
– Advisor to students enrolled in the MAS
– International and European Security (UNIGE-GCSP).
November 2015 – present Centre de recherches internationales, Sciences Po, Paris Research Associate
– Research on International Security, civil-military relations and threat perception, neoclassical realism and inappropriate balancing.
June 2011 – present Kyodo News, Geneva Foreign Correspondent to the United Nations
– Focus on conflicts, humanitarian issues and human rights.
– Coverage of the U.N. Geneva headquarters and specialized agencies.
– Coverage of Swiss political and economic news.
Feb. 2010 – July 2010 International Committee of the Red Cross, Tokyo Assistant Political Officer
– Drafting of prison visit and restoring family links projects.
– Research on conflicts and humanitarian issues.
– Liaison activities with the Japanese civil society, the Japanese Red Cross and regional offices of the ICRC.
May 2009 – Sept. 2009 Waseda University, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Tokyo Research Assistant
– Research for the Long Peace Project, analyzing the causes of the enduring international stability in East Asia.
Sept. 2008 – March 2009 Mandat International, Geneva Project Assistant
– Management of the NGO Welcome Desk project. – Representative of Mandat International to the U.N. Human Rights Council (minute-taking, networking).
– Research on human rights issues.
July 2003 – present Swiss Armed Forces, Switzerland Rescue Soldier
– Battalion ACC 1 (Aid in Case of Disaster), Company 3.
– Promoted Company’s first-rank medical soldier.