Specialization: GOVERNANCE & DATA PROTECTION / ICT
Status: Visiting Faculty
Blockchain, Smart Contracts, Governance, Legal Tech, Smart Energies, Data Protection, Digital Human Rights
Jörn Erbguth graduated in Law (1st state exam) and Computer Science (Diplom-Informatiker). He is a DAAD-scholar and studied in Germany (Regensburg, Passau, Erlangen-Nürnberg) and the United States (Tulane University). He is a certified data protection officer (udis).
- 1995: Started working for a legal database: juris GmbH, Saarbrücken, Germany as a software developer
- 2000: Switched to Gauss Interprise AG, Hamburg, a content management software vendor – now part of OpenText Inc.
- 2002: Returned to juris GmbH as head of ICT development, since 2006, head of all ICT operations.
- 2010: Switched to Swisslex AG a legal information system, in Geneva, as CTO
- Since 2016: researcher at the University of Geneva, and independent consultant in ICT and law