Specialization: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Status: Extended Faculty
A graduate from the London School of Economics and Political Science, Ambassador Zamir Akram joined the Foreign Service of Pakistan in July 1978.
Zamir Akram presents holds the position as Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations and other International Organizations in Geneva since October 2008.
Throughout his career, he held various diplomatic assignments in Pakistan’s Missions abroad:
- Moscow: 1982-1984
- Geneva: 1984-1986
- New Delhi: 1989-1994
- Washington: 1994-1998
- Washington: 2000-2002
- Served as Pakistan’s Ambassador to Nepal from August 2002 to March 2005.
Amb. Akram also served at the Headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad:
- Section Officer (Soviet Union): 1979-1982
- Director (Afghanistan): 1987-1989
- Director General (South Asia): 1998-2000
- Additional Secretary for Foreign Affairs in the Prime Minister’s Office: 2005-2008
- Additional Secretary for (Disarmament and Arms Control): 2008
- Theories of International Relations
- Afghanistan, Pakistan: The Struggle for World Peace
- Contemporary International Relations – Framework and Issues
- Diplomacy: Theory & Practice
- From Globalisation to Confrontation?