Osvaldo R. Agatiello, Professor of International Economics and Governance, specialises in governance and public ethics, international economics and trade, and the role of government in socio-economic development.
He studied international economics and law at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Massachusetts (MALD, PhD) and the universities of Córdoba (SJD) and Buenos Aires (JD) in Argentina.
As an advisor to governments and a consultant to international organizations, Dr Agatiello specializes in international trade and finance, governance and corporate responsibility, issues on which he has published extensively.
He is a member of the International Society of Business, Economics and Ethics, the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association, the Inter-American Bar Association, and the Argentine Council for International Relations.
- Trade, money and power: advanced seminar on international economic issues
- Introduction to international economics
- International economics and sustainable development
- Special issues in international trade
- Special issues in international economics
- Ethics in international relations
- Current affairs and ethical governance
- Economic diplomacy
- Establishing the African Continental Free Trade Area: institutional arrangements. Framework paper, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, May 2015.
- Expert panel member, Global ethics and integrity benchmarks. By J. E. Dubinsky and A. Richter, 2015.
- Increasing the transparency of export restrictions: benefits, good practices and a practical checklist. With B. A. Fliess. Ch. 6, Export restrictions in raw materials trade: facts, fallacies and better practices. Paris, France: OECD, November 2014.
- Export restrictions: benefits of transparency and good practices. With B. A. Fliess. OECD Trade Policy Paper No. 146, 27 March 2013. DOI 10.1787/5k49czl4c5kh-en.
- Ethics in politics: why it matters more than ever and how it can make a difference: a declaration, with B. Girardin and S. Sharma. Globethics.net, March 2012. ISBN 9782940428359.
- Corruption not an end. Management Decision (United Kingdom). Special issue: Daring to care: a basis for responsible management. Vol. 48:10, 2010. DOI 10.1108/00251741011090270.
- The world is one and all things are in it. Management Decision (United Kingdom). Special issue: Why and how green management matters, Vol. 47:7, 2009. DOI 10.1108/00251740910978296.
- Ethical governance: beyond good practices and standards. Management Decision (United Kingdom). Special issue: Questions we ask about ethics in a global marketplace, Vol. 46:8, 2008. DOI 10.1108/00251740810901345.
- Is South-South trade the answer to alleviating poverty? Management Decision (United Kingdom). Special issue: Alleviating poverty through trade, Vol. 45:8, 2007. DOI 10.1108/00251740710819023.
- Unleashing entrepreneurship: nurturing an enabling environment for SME development in Afghanistan. Background paper for the Conference on the Enabling Environment for Private Initiative in Afghanistan, Aga Khan Development Network and Government of Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan, 3 – 5 June 2007.
- CSR and trade: informing consumers about social and environmental conditions of globalised production. With B. A. Fliess, H. J. Lee and O. L. Dubreuil. OECD Trade Policy Working Paper No. 47, 10 January 2007. DOI 10.1787/246322000033. Part I – Part II (case studies).
- Ethical issues in developing capital markets. Ch. 13, Focus on capital: new approaches to developing latin American capital markets. Edited by K. Dowers and P. Masci. Washington, DC, United States: Inter-American Development Bank and Johns Hopkins University Press, 2003. ISBN 9781931003490