We provide the Geneva-based diplomatic and foreign-policy communities with a diverse range of diplomatic training modules. These include a series of lectures, discussions, short tailored made programmes and debates on pressing issues of international concern.
The Diplomatic Training courses can either be thematic or skills oriented in-situ (at the invitation of our partners) or at our own premises here in Geneva, which is a major centre for international cooperation. While relying on the expertise of our faculty, which includes world renowned professors, statesmen, stateswomen and ambassadors, we develop a methodology which is experience-sharing and practice oriented and courses are designed carefully to address cross-cutting issues and give a global understanding of the theme or skills at hence.
Learn and incorporate tools, procedures and instruments to effectively manage complex projects and programmes in international and multicultural environments.
Please see below the outline of the following possibilities:
The training modules can be customized for junior to senior level diplomats and helps them to:
- (Better) Understand the dynamics of international politics and diplomatic issues;
- Develop practical skills necessary to master the challenges of 21st century diplomacy;
- Advance cross-cultural negotiation and communication skills;
- Develop competence in dealing with challenges at the global, regional and national levels;
Programme Case Study Weekends
|22 & 23 September 2017||Case Study Weekend I: Economic Diplomacy
|27 & 28 October 2017||Case Study Weekend II: Science and Diplomacy
|24 & 25 November 2017||Case Study Weekend III: Global Environmental Governance
Case Study Weekends (September, October & November 2017)
This is a practice-oriented training at the heart of international Geneva for young professionals from the diplomatic service, international institutions, private sector and NGOs.
- Provides advanced in-depth knowledge and skills to grasp and navigate the complex realities of international relations and deal with practical situations encountered by diplomats in their everyday practice;
- Focuses on a variety of the most important global challenges and governance solutions in the areas from migration and security to trade negotiations and global health;
- Develops practical skills such as negotiation, working in teams, problem-solving, conflict resolution and cross-cultural communication, public speaking and leadership, through practical exercises and case studies;
3 Weekends (Friday afternoon from 14.00 – 17.15 and Saturday from 09.15 – 17.00)*
To register for the Case Study Weekend(s), please fill out our online application form. In the form you can indicate if you would like to sign up for 1 or 2 weekends or the full package of 3 weekends.
* Please note that it is possible to register for the Case Study Weekends separately or to register for all three weekends.
Per case study weekend: CHF 500
Full package (3 weekends) : CHF 1’200
** (registration fee of CHF 100,- not included)
3 ECTS per Case Study Weekend
Diplomatic Skills – Tailor made trainings
This is a practice-oriented training at the heart of international Geneva for professionals from the diplomatic service, international institutions, private sector and NGOs (for groups). We offer organisations the opportunity to create a tailor made diplomatic skills program, based on their needs and focused on improving the practical skills of their employees to better face today’s challenges and issues.
The training will be created based on your specific needs and can include a series of lectures, discussions, simulations, short tailor-made programmes, case studies and debates on pressing issues of international concern. Some examples of the practical skills course we offer are:
- Diplomatic Protocol and Etiquette
- Working with the UN
- Negotiation techniques and simulations
- Rhetoric and eloquence: the art of public speaking and persuasion
- Human advocacy
Would you like to improve your cross-cultural negotiation or communication skills and develop competence in dealing with challenges at the global, regional and national level, please contact us for more information.
Flexible: from 2 days to 2 weeks. For example:
- 2 or 3 days – fulltime
- 1 or 2 weeks – fulltime
- Part-time, 3 weekends (Friday afternoon + Saturday full day)
The price for the tailor made programmes depend on the duration, location and content of the course.